Monday, September 28, 2009

Street Games Philly











Talk about a fun event to support the community! Street Games Philly is just what it sounds like... double dutch, king ball, hop scotch, good ole fashion racing and more! The event focused on healthy lifestyles for families, not just the children. This is an initiative of the Jon Drummond Achievement Foundation. Olympic Gold medalist, Jon Drummond and Shelton Mercer teamed up with Councilman Curtis Jones and local professionals to make this day fun and exciting for everyone! As you can see, I was wearing shoes...trying to be cute! I kept thinking that I should've brought my sneakers so I could join the race. How many people can say that they ran against...uuhh, I mean got dusted by an Olympic Gold Medalist?! There were also speakers, a comedian host "Kevvy Kev", former Eagles, Mike Quick and Fred Barnett, performers and the event ended with one of my favorite groups, Kindred the Family Soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment